Rhondda Cynon Taf Council is supporting the national roll-out of the Covid-19 vaccine, and in partnership with Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board, is establishing a Covid-19 Community Vaccination Centre at Rhondda Sports Centre, Ystrad.
The Council-owned Rhondda Sports Centre will be remodelled to safely provide life-saving vaccines to those who need them the most.
People are reminded that they must be invited to have a vaccination and have an appointment to attend. No one should visit the venue unless they already have a vaccination appointment. This is because the Covid-19 vaccine is currently being rolled out in priority order based on the level of risk faced by different groups from Covid-19.
People are also being asked not to phone or contact their GP, pharmacy or hospital to ask when they will get the vaccine, as people in the priority groups will be contacted individually and invited to have their vaccine.
The groups to be prioritised are decided by the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation at a UK level. This priority list is as follows:
- residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
- all those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
- all those 75 years of age and over
- all those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals
- all those 65 years of age and over
- all individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality
- all those 60 years of age and over
- all those 55 years of age and over
- all those 50 years of age and over
The Covid-19 Community Vaccination Centre at Rhondda Sports Centre will be the second such centre established by Rhondda Cynon Taf Council, with Council offices at Ty Trevithick, Abercynon already having been remodelled for the vaccine roll-out and having already vaccinated thousands of individuals who work in front line health and social care, including staff from the Welsh Ambulance Service Trust.
Covid-19 Community Vaccination Centre to open in Rhondda (rctcbc.gov.uk)